Through solar cells and solar panels, you can take advantage of the sun's energy and convert it into electricity and heat. This means that you not only contribute to the environment but also become less dependent on fluctuations in electricity prices.
What is solar energy?
Solar energy is called the energy that is extracted from the sun's rays and both solar-produced heat and electricity are counted as solar energy. Electricity from the sun is divided into solar and solar power. The electricity you produce yourself with solar cells is called solar, while the electricity you buy via an electricity company is called solar power.
Unlike oil, coal and natural gas, the sun is a renewable energy source, which means that it does not run out.
How does solar energy work?
You can either use solar cells to produce electricity yourself or you can sign an electricity contract for solar power. The solar power then comes from a solar park, where the sun's rays are captured and converted into electricity. You can read more about how it works, how to sign an agreement with solar power and how to procure solar cells on our pages about solar cells and solar power.
A solar collector also captures the sun's rays, but instead of converting them into electricity, it is converted into heat. Solar heat is used, among other things, to heat hot water or heat a pool.
Benefits of solar energy
- The sun's energy is a renewable energy source that will not run out in the foreseeable future.
- Solar energy does not produce emissions that affect the environment during heat and electricity production.
Disadvantages of solar energy
- Despite the fact that solar energy's electricity and heat production does not produce emissions, the environment is indirectly affected by, for example, production, transport and possible maintenance.
Benefits of solar and solar cells
If you produce your own electricity with solar cells, there are even more benefits.
- You have more control over the electricity price as you are less dependent on the fluctuations in the electricity price.
- You can make money by selling your surplus electricity to the electricity company.
- If you maintain the inverter, solar panels are virtually maintenance-free.
- When installing solar cells, you can apply for government support or ROT deductions.
On our page about solar cells, you can read more advantages and disadvantages of solar cells and solar.
How does solar energy affect the environment?
As the sun is a renewable energy source, this means that, unlike oil, coal and natural gas, it will not run out. In any case, it will not end in the next 4 billion years.
When solar cells produce electricity, they, like wind and hydropower, do not emit any carbon dioxide. However, the production of solar cells is quite energy-intensive and they are often produced in places such as Germany and China, countries where a large part of the energy comes from coal power. But despite this, the values are relatively low compared to fossil fuels. However, they are higher when compared to wind and hydropower, which are more established renewable energy sources
Submit the interest request when you are interested in a quote for solar cells or if you want service for your solar cell system.
Get more information by email or phone